As a pet owner, it's important to find a trusted animal hospital for your furry family members. At South Federal Animal Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, FL, we provide comprehensive care for puppies and kittens. From vaccinations to spaying and neutering, our team of experienced veterinarians is here to help your new pet adjust to its forever home. Call us today to schedule an appointment!
What Veterinary Services Should Puppies and Kittens Receive?
As a new pet owner, you may be wondering what kind of veterinary care your puppy or kitten will need. At South Federal Animal Hospital, we recommend the following services for all our young pet patients:
- Vaccinations: Puppies and kittens are vaccinated to help them build immunity against common diseases. We offer a variety of vaccinations, including those for rabies, distemper, and parvovirus. We work with all sizes and breeds of cats and dogs to establish a vaccination schedule that meets its needs.
- Spaying and neutering: Scheduling an appointment for your pet to be spayed or neutered is done early in life. This procedure can help reduce unwanted behaviors such as aggression or wandering. Also, you're helping control the pet population and reducing your pet's risk for infections and certain types of cancers.
- Microchipping: Microchipping is a safe and permanent way to identify your pet if it ever becomes lost or stolen. The microchip is implanted under the skin and can be scanned by any veterinary hospital or animal shelter. It takes just a few minutes and gives pet owners more peace of mind knowing they have somewhere to turn if their pet goes missing.
- Wellness exam: A wellness exam is a comprehensive physical examination that helps us identify any health issues your pet may have. We recommend scheduling a wellness exam for puppies and kittens at least once a year.
- Diet/nutritional counseling: Proper nutrition is essential for the growth and development of puppies and kittens. Our veterinarians can help you choose a diet that is best suited for your pet's age and lifestyle.
No two puppies or kittens are alike. If you need quality puppy or kitten care, our veterinarian has the experience you can count on to give them the best start in life.
Visit Us for Kitten or Puppy Care from Our Veterinarians in Fort Lauderdale, FL
If you're looking for comprehensive care for your new puppy or kitten, contact South Federal Animal Hospital today. We offer a variety of services, including vaccinations, microchipping, spaying/neutering, and more. Our team of experienced veterinarians is here to help your pet adjust to its new home.